Living in the End Times
Over the past five weeks, we have reflected upon not only the faith with which we have been blessed and which we embrace, but also the relationship which we are called to live with the God who has created us out of Divine Love.
In this relationship with the Most Blessed Trinity, our Lord is constantly calling us into oneness with Himself, a relationship which speaks of selfless love, a relationship which is expressed in personal holiness and a spiritual intimacy with our Creator, our Savior and our Sanctifier.
Unfortunately, however, there are many who no longer wish to hear His voice, and who have sadly turned their ears to the voice of the prince of lies, who can only deceive, distort and pervert all that is sacred and holy.
In this continuing series of “Living in the End Times”, we have so far discussed the radical right element within the Church, the Sedevacantists, and the damage their ultra-conservatism is causing to the souls of God’s children who are embracing this heretical movement.
Then we spent two weeks discussing the flip-side of this same heretical and schismatic coin – the radical left – progressive liberalism at its very worst and its demonic agenda, subverting and relativizing God’s Truth and the Magisterial teachings of our Holy Catholic Church through:
- Reception of the Eucharist by civilly divorced and remarried Catholics without the benefit of a decree of nullity (annulment) – in other words, those couples who are actively and willfully committing adultery but still allowed to receive the Sacraments from progressive members of the clergy;
- The reality of a homo-heretical mindset amongst an ever-growing number of clerics who are embracing this sordid way of thinking, as well as the existence of a homosexual or “gay mafia” within the walls of the Vatican itself, and the growing influence it has on much that takes place within Rome; and
- An ever-increasing list of dioceses and parishes around the world which have opened their doors to the sacrilegious reception of the Most Holy Eucharist for those who are living in same-sex relationships.
All of this, both the radical right and the radical left with its progressive agendas, have resulted in the formation of a schism within the Church, causing the faithful to rethink God’s Truth, a Divine Truth which is unchangeable and ever-constant.
They have forgotten the words of Sacred Scripture: “For I, the LORD, do not change…” (Malachi 3:6a) and “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teaching” (Hebrews 13:8-9a).
As a result of their arrogance and obstinacy, they have chosen to relativize God’s Truth, remaking the Church, the Bride of Christ, into their image, a church which is comfortable and convenient for them, not realizing that what they are doing is actually contributing to Satan’s formation of the schismatic anti-Church, prophesied by the saints long ago.
Today and in the weeks to come, I wish to begin to address the process by which God will set all things right, the process by which He will purify His Church and ultimately and permanently defeat Satan and vanquish him and his legion of demonic spirits forever into the eternal fires of Hell!
- “The beast was caught and with it the false prophet who had performed in its sight the signs by which he led astray those who had accepted the mark of the beast and those who had worshiped its image. The two were thrown alive into the fiery pool burning with sulfur.” (Revelation 19:20)
- “Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: ‘Now have salvation and power come, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Anointed. For the accuser of our brothers is cast out, who accuses them before our God day and night. They conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.’” (Revelation 12:10-11a)
The Warning has been predicted in prophecies in the Catholic Church for over 400 years. In the 20th Century, our Blessed Mother has predicted this same event with increasing urgency. The Warning, or Illumination of Conscience as it is oftentimes referred, is the first of the apocalyptic events that will unfold on the Earth. The Warning will take place for all humanity to experience, the result of an intense build-up of cataclysmic events that will first affect the whole world!
God’s reason for sending us this apocalyptic Warning is truly an act of Divine Mercy, and the reasons behind it are numerous:
- To prove to all that God exists.
- To bring everyone back to Jesus and the way of His Truth, even though science will attempt to explain this supernatural event but will fail in its efforts.
- To dilute the impact of sin and evil in the world through conversion.
- To help save us before the final Day of Judgement by giving us a chance to ask for forgiveness for the sins we have committed.
- To convert non-believers who would have no chance of redemption without this great act of Divine Mercy, and
- To strengthen the faith of believers during a time in which our faith will be sorely tested, and because of all that is happening in the world and in Christ’s Church.
Over the centuries, various saints where blessed with this prophetic message of God’s Mercy and have chosen to share this Divine insight with the faithful, some of which I present below:
- Saint Edmond Campion (1540–1581) priest and martyr stated: “I pronounce a great day…wherein the Terrible Judge should reveal all men’s consciences and try every man of each kind of religion. This is the day of change.”
- A very holy seer, Blessed Elizabeth Canori-Mora (1774-1825), who devoted her life and personal sufferings for the salvation of lost sinners, had a vision near the end of her life in which “…a great light appeared upon the Earth which was the ‘sign of the reconciliation’ of God with man.”
- A holy mystic, Blessed Anna Maria Taigi (1769–1837), who was chosen by Jesus to “…convert sinners, to console people of all sorts and conditions – priests, prelates, My very Vicar himself”, once stated, “A great purification will come upon the world preceded by an Illumination of Conscience in which everyone will see themselves as God sees them.”
- Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska (1905-1938), appointed by Jesus, Himself, to be His Secretary of Divine Mercy, wrote in her Diary in 1928:
“Once I was summoned to the judgment (seat) of God. I stood alone before the Lord. Jesus appeared such as we know Him during His Passion. After a moment, His wounds disappeared except for five, those in His hands, His feet, and His side. Suddenly I saw the complete condition of my soul as God sees it. I could clearly see all that is displeasing to God. I did not know that even the smallest transgressions, will have to be accounted for” (Diary, § 36).
- From 1961 to 1962, our Blessed Mother appeared to four girls, ages 11 and 12 years old, several times each week in the village of San Sebastian de Garabandal, Spain. Conchita Gonzalez, one of the young visionaries, spoke about the Warning in an account she had written about the apparitions:
“Our Lady has said that all mankind will receive a warning from Heaven. The Warning comes directly from God and will be visible to the whole world and from any place where anyone may happen to be. It will be like the revelation of our sins and it will be seen and felt by everyone, believer and unbeliever alike, irrespective of whatever religion he may belong to. It will be seen and felt in all parts of the world and by every person.”
- Jacinta Gonzalez, another one of the four children at Garabandal, said, “Our Blessed Mother said that the Warning would come when conditions were at their worst.”
- Father Stefano Gobbi (1930-2011), an Italian priest and founder of the international Marian Movement of Priests in 1972, reportedly received interior locutions from the Blessed Virgin Mary and recorded them in his book, To the Priests, Our Lady’s Beloved Sons.
- In one such locution on May 22, 1988, our Blessed Mother stated to Father Gobbi, “With His (the Holy Spirit’s) Divine Love, He will open the doors of hearts and illuminate all consciences. Every person will see themselves in the burning fire of Divine Truth. It will be like a judgment in miniature.” (# 383)
Please note that, as of the current time, neither the apparitions in Garabandal nor Father Gobbi’s interior locutions have been given formal Church approval, nor have they received a formal condemnation from the Church. In such instances, I would prefer to recognize and embrace the words of our late Holy Father:
“In cases like this [apparitions], it is better to believe than not to believe, for, if you believe, and it is proven true, you will be happy that you have believed, because our Holy Mother asked it. If you believe, and it should be proven false, you will receive all the blessings as if it had been true, because you believed it to be true” (Pope Urban VIII, 1568-1644; reigned 1623-1644).
The effects of the Warning will be many. I have listed below several of the effects which I feel are important to know, so that you may be aware of what to expect both before and after this merciful event takes place:
- The prophesied Warning is truly an act of God’s unfathomable Love and limitless Mercy, so that souls who have strayed from the narrow path may be guided to open their hearts and return to His Merciful Love.
- For those who do not know Christ, they will believe it is a warning from God.
- The most important thing about this Heavenly event is that everyone in the whole world will see a sign, a grace, or a punishment within themselves, in other words, a true warning!
- Each person will find him or herself all alone in the world no matter where he or she may be at the time, alone with their conscience before God.
- They will then see all their sins and the consequences of their sins.
- We will all feel it differently because it will depend upon our conscience. The Warning will be very personal, therefore, we will all react differently to it.
- The most important thing will be to recognize our own sins and the bad consequences of which they have upon ourselves and others.
- The experience of the Warning will be different for each person, since each person’s sins are different from anyone else’s.
- The passage of time in which we experience the Warning will be relatively short, even though it may seem much longer due to its lasting effect within us.
- It will be like a purification before the Miracle, to see if, with the Warning and Miracle together, we will be converted away from sin and begin to live a life pleasing to God (note that the Miracle will be described in Part 7 of this series).
- It will be as though we were in agony but we will not die by its effects, but some may die of fright or shock after seeing their souls as God sees them, especially for those who shamelessly and repeatedly commit grave sin against God’s Love, and
- The Warning, together with the Miracle, will be the last warnings or public manifestations that God will give us before the Divine Chastisement, for the period of Divine Mercy will soon be ending (note that the Chastisement will also be covered in Part 7 of this series).
As I had stated in Part 2 of this series, “Living in the End Times”, we are living in a time in which we truly need to reflect upon not only the faith with which we have been blessed and which we embrace, but also upon the kind of relationship we are currently living with our Heavenly Father, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and the Most Holy Spirit who enlightens and sanctifies us daily.
This Apostolate is devoted to evangelizing the fullness of God’s unfathomable Love and limitless Mercy which He offers to each and every one of us. May we remember always that our Lord calls each of us repeatedly, inviting us to always live in a loving, holy and intimate relationship with Himself, a true oneness with the God who is Love.
Next Friday in the continuing series of “Living in the End Times”, I will discuss the Miracle and the “Three Days of Darkness”.
Please pray that I may be able to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit in all that He wishes for you to learn, in all that He wishes for you to know as we enter and live in these “End Times”.
And take to heart always the words which our Lord spoke, “And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20b), for His Church shall truly survive within the hearts of His faithful children, until He comes again in all His Glory!
May God bless you, God love you, and may God always keep you. †
- Part 1: https://ev-apostolate.org/2021/01/22/living-in-the-end-times-part-1/
- Part 2: https://ev-apostolate.org/2021/01/29/living-in-the-end-times-part-2/
- Part 3: https://ev-apostolate.org/2021/02/05/living-in-the-end-times-part-3/
- Part 4: https://ev-apostolate.org/2021/02/12/living-in-the-end-times-part-4/
- Part 5: https://ev-apostolate.org/2021/02/19/living-in-the-end-times-part-5/